euRobotics AISBL is a Brussels based international non-profit association to strengthen the bond between all stakeholders in European robotics, including industry, research, education, politics and technology transfer. With more than 240 members and growing, one of the association’s main missions is to collaborate with the European Commission to develop and implement a strategy and a roadmap for research, technological development and innovation in robotics. The association is also beneficiary and coordinator of several European projects.
To support the Project Manager, the Secretary-General, the Treasurer and the Board of Directors in the financial operations, we are looking for a motivated
Finance Officer /part-time (f/m)
- who provides sound financial and administrative systems, procedures and structures for the organisation and is responsible for both preparing budget plans but also executes the day-to-day accounting functions of the association following Belgian standards,
- who ensures that all incoming funds and expenses to be paid are processed according to the association’s policies and booked on time. The Finance Officer (FO) follows all transfers, payments and receipts, ensuring they are properly documented, and that the association has up to date financial information available at all times.
Specific tasks include:
- Preparing and processing the annual invoices for membership fees;
- Ensuring all payments are properly authorised, coded and documented, before making payment online, and filing related paper documents, differentiating cost centres (including European projects) and cost and service types;
- Preparing financial statements and claims for EC-funded research projects in accordance with EC requirements and liaising with project partners’ finance officers to coordinate these processes with project partners
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including rental agreements, insurance contracts, etc.;
- Liaising with our members, suppliers, staff and others to resolve queries;
- General accounting and cash/bank management, checking statements, reconciling suspense accounts and taking corrective action where needed;
- Recover VAT when possible;
- Administering salaries, including collecting and submitting it to our social secretariat, overseeing salaries and managing the relationship with the social secretariat.
- Prepare annual budgets, observe and predict cash flow, prepare the annual balance and organise an independent audit;
- Preparing reports and statistics, and downloading data from the accounting software; supporting colleagues to understand and interpret the information and responding to their queries;
- Managing the relationship with our bank and our tax consultant;
- at least three years’ experience of relevant financial and administrative management;
- good knowledge of requirements of a European association and the financial procedures in European projects;
- good knowledge of Belgian administration, fiscal and labour laws;
- fluency in English and French;
- excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet, bookkeeping software and telebanking).
We are looking for someone who is well organised, efficient, is able to work independently and effectively in a small team, with minimal supervision and is a real solution seeker.
Starting date: as soon as possible
If you are interested in this position, send your application and CV giving clear evidence that you fit to the requested profile, until 12 October 2015 to
Dr. Uwe Haass, Acting Secretary General,
80 Blvd. Auguste Reyers
Download the PDF file