Workshop on Practical Advancements in Human-Robot Interaction and Social Robotics
|Time||10:00 - 18:00|
|Event Type||Lab tour;Workshop / public talk / discussion;Educational reach-out;Media event|
|Organisation/s name||LAAS-CNRS (Laboratory of Analysis and Architecture of Systems - National Center for Scientific Research), Toulouse, France|
|Event's address/ location||Robotics Research Lab, ADREAM building, LAAS-CNRS
7, avenue du Colonel Roche
31077 - Toulouse Cedex 04
|Description:||The researchers of Robotics and Interactions (RIS) group at LAAS-CNRS will demonstrate the practical results of their research on different aspects of Human-Robot Interaction and Social Robotics using PR2 robot, in a fun way. The team will setup several experiments, which will be broadcasted during the European Robotics week. The demonstration scenario comprises of several inhabitants (robot and humans) of our experimental apartment, who are interacting, understanding, cooperating and playing together. Through these experiments, the robot will show essential capabilities of being social and human-aware, such as dialogue understanding, perspective taking, affordance analysis and situation awareness for itself and for the co-inhabitants. In addition, the robot will demonstrate planning and plan execution in cooperation with the human.
One of such demonstrations includes object hide and seek like game, where the robot asks: “Give it to me, I can hide it from him”, which involves a robot and two humans. It will show robot’s planning capability, by analyzing situation based abilities and affordances of others, to cooperate with one for playing/competing with other.
The workshop will also provide an opportunity to exchange viewpoints and opinions with other key contributors in Europe, on the role and place of robots in everyday life and the underlying challenges.
We are also expecting local visitors and media coverage during the demonstration.
Complete list of demoes and video schedule will be available soon on the website link provided below.
|Target Audience||General Audience interested in domestic, assistive and service robots
Dr. Rachid Alami
(Rachid.Alami@laas.fr) (+33 5 61 33 63 46)
Research Director, Robotics and AI, LAAS - CNRS, (Laboratory for Analysis and Architecture of Systems - National Center for Scientific Research), 7 Av. du Colonel Roche, Toulouse, 31077, France
Dr. Amit Kumar Pandey
(firstname.lastname@example.org) (+33 5 61 33 68 76)
Post-Doctoral Researcher, Robotics and AI, LAAS - CNRS, (Laboratory for Analysis and Architecture of Systems - National Center for Scientific Research), 7 Av. du Colonel Roche, Toulouse, 31077, France
Key Contributors (by alphabetical order):
- Rachid Alami (Rachid.Alami@laas.fr) (http://homepages.laas.fr/rachid)
- Aurelie Clodic (email@example.com) (http://homepages.laas.fr/aclodic)
- Lavindra de Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org) (http://homepages.laas.fr/ldesilva)
- Mamoun Gharbi (email@example.com) (http://homepages.laas.fr/magharbi)
- Matthieu Herrb (firstname.lastname@example.org) (http://homepages.laas.fr/matthieu)
- Séverin Lemaignan (email@example.com) (http://homepages.laas.fr/slemaign)
- Jim Mainprice (firstname.lastname@example.org) (http://homepages.laas.fr/jmainpri)
- Anthony Mallet (email@example.com) (http://homepages.laas.fr/mallet)
- Amit Kumar Pandey (firstname.lastname@example.org) (http://homepages.laas.fr/akpandey)
- Matthieu Warnier (email@example.com) (http://homepages.laas.fr/mwarnier)
Login for ERW partners